Friday, June 3, 2016

Buying Time

So I went to the grocery store to buy me time on coming up a plan.

I decided to avoid meat, bread, dairy, and sugar. So the next few days should act as a detox of sorts. I found a pretty good recipe for a green kale smoothie, and that should be kind of my base. I am going to use egg whites and seafood as my protein sources. I also stocked up on fruits and vegetables in order to keep me satisfied.

I have cravings for creamy type foods, so even though it is high calorie, I bought avocados and bananas.

Drink wise I bought green tea, water, bone broth, and kambucha tea for the probiotic properties. Tomorrow I will go to my gym in order to reset my progress, granted I haven't been since March.

My plan for the next few days: Breakfast: Green Shake, Egg Whites, and fruit. Lunch: Ceviche, Fruit, Green shake (Maybe). Dinner: Fish, Vegetables, and either sweet potato or potato. I bought fruits and veggies to snack on. I am keeping track of the calories. I am also tracking my water and energy levels.

My current goal is 170. 30lbs is manageable. 140 is my ultimate, but 170 is my first goal. The area I dislike is my lower abdomen. I am rounder, but I can handle that. I dislike the "baby pooch." That is my ultimate physical goal.

Other goals would be to downsize all my classroom shit, read a lot more, and prep for my new job. And to blog daily.


Kale Detox Shake
Powerful detox action masquerades as another delicious shake from Prevention's Lori Powell (it's pictured here with the Berry Breakfast Smoothie.) The celery and parsley that contribute to its bright green color are diuretics that help rinse toxins from your system. Kale and mango are superfoods bursting with nutrition that support your cleanse.
Serves 2
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 15 minutes
1¼ cups chopped kale leaves (stems and tough rib removed), preferably Lacinato (also known as dinosaur)
1¼ cups frozen cubed mango
2 medium ribs celery, chopped
1 cup chilled fresh tangerine or orange juice
¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
¼ cup chopped fresh mint

COMBINE all ingredients in blender.
PUREE until smooth.
POUR into 2 chilled glasses.

NUTRITION (per serving): 160 cal, 3 g protein, 39 g carbs, 5 g fiber, 0.5 g fat, 0 g sat fat, 56 mg sodium

No comments:

Post a Comment